What’s great about microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion gently removes dead, dull skin cells from your skin surface while stimulating production of new cells deep within the dermal layer. It reveals a beautiful new you. After a treatment, you can expect:
- Faster skin cell renewal
- Stimulated circulation
- Smooth and even skin tone
- Improved lymphatic drainage
- Reduced skin imperfections
- Fine lines and wrinkles minimised
- Skincare products absorbing better
- Pores minimised
- Cleared congestion and blackheads
How does it work?
Microdermabrasion is a technique used to clean, resurface and smooth the skin. A microdermabrasion machine is a cleansing device that works like a vacuum cleaner to clean the skin and empty out blocked pores with a gentle vacuuming action.
- Lisa uses a hand piece about the size of your little finger, which is open at one end. This is connected to the suction. The open end is moved over the skin, sometimes slowly in a brushing motion, sometimes rapidly in a rubbing action.
- At the same time the machine puts a fine layer of corundum crystals on the skin that act as a very gentle abrasive to remove the surface layer of dead skin cells which are suctioned up, along with the crystals, into a waste container.
- When the treatment is completed the skin has a red healthy glow due to increased circulation in the skin.